Essentials Top Soil is a rich, fertile loam-based soil. It’s a sustainable, rich source of nutrients that supports growth for flowers and fruits. Ideal for making raised beds where existing soil is poor or for replacing soil that is tired or unsuitable for the re-planting of related plants. It can be used as a component of soil/loam-based type composts.
Perfect for new beds and borders, replacing old soil, levelling lawns and making compost. Works well for young plants and grown plants. Essentials Top Soil is also children and pet-friendly.
We strongly recommend using Levington John Innes Ericaceous compost for acid-loving plants like azaleas, rhododendrons or heathers.
How to use
- Use straight from the bag, it’s as easy as that. When filling or potting, firm lightly. Keep the compost moist and do not let it dry out. Do not leave plants standing in water.
- For beds and borders, use straight from the bag to build up beds and borders. High organic matter content. No lime has been added to Essentials Top Soil and it is suitable for improving the soil around rhododendrons, azaleas, heathers and other ericaceous plants.
- Can be used to make compost: Due to its high organic matter content, this top quality soil is ideal for mixing with base dressings to make a loam-based compost. For alpines and other plants that need more drainage, add 1 part coarse grit or washed sharp sand to 3 parts of Essentials Top Soil.
Where to use
- Great for beds and borders, replacing sick soil, levelling lawns and making compost.
- Fills 7 medium pots 22cm (9″).
- Fills 4 large pots 25cm (10″).
- Fills 1 large container 42cm (17″).
- Use in a well-ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust.
- Always wear gloves when gardening. Wash hands after use.
- Store in a cool place, away from the sun.
- Open bag carefully and reseal after use.
Always read the label and product information before use.